Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reality


There are times when it strikes me as completely surreal that I live in New York City. Like today, when I exited the Not-for-profit conference that I attended, and found myself in Times Square, instead of Lloyd Center. Also, it was pretty cool that the Assistant Director of the FASB was our seminar speaker. (Only accounting nerds will probably get this. Charlotte, I expect a comment.) It's moments like these where it really hits me how exciting and crazy it is that I live here.

Although, I did run into my old boss from Portland while at the conference. My two worlds colliding...

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

FIRST OF ALL - SO COOL!!! And interesting, did you ask him the polictics behind the director's recent resignation and his feelings on IFRS implementation for non-SEC registration? Hope I didn't disappoint.

sfsteph said...

YES! That's perfect, Charlotte! You just said so many words and phrases that I didn't understand. EXACTLY what I expect from you! I think you could have made so much more out of your time with him than I did. I guess Gary knows this guy personally, he dropped that when we were chatting. :)