Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 in review

Our year in review, month by month

In January, we experienced our first New York City winter, complete with the most snowfall in 20 years. (According to locals). The novelty wore off very quickly.



In February, we endured another terrible month of cold New York weather, hibernated indoors and brewed our first beer.


In March, we managed to avoid going completely stir-crazy from the weather, and 50 degrees started to feel like a heat wave. My parents came to visit, and I walked them into the ground exploring the city.


In April, I started sewing and made my first garment ever. I still think it was a pure stroke of luck that it fit.


Two pictures for May, because we got to go home for a week and spend some wonderful time with family, then we got to go to San Francisco and spend some wonderful time with friends.



In June, Lila came to visit us in New York. Unfortunately Neil and I both got sick with bronchitis, but we still managed to get out on the town! I also treated Neil to a Yankees game for his birthday. It rained, but luckily our seats were so high, we were under cover!


In July, we succumbed to the NYC heat and got air conditioning, and explored Long Island on one of our few weekend days together.


In August, I started a new job and got to go home for Maggie's birthday and see her do the obligatory birthday-cake smash:


In September, we rode the water taxi to go see the U.S. Open. We watched Roger Federer demolish his poor opponent.


In October, my parents came to visit again and we explored the Connecticut/Massachusetts countryside.


In November, we went apple picking in upstate NY and had an orphan Thanksgiving with good friends and good food.

And in December, Neil got a new job with weekends off, the best Christmas present ever! We flew home to spend a wonderful Christmas with our beloved family. And got to meet the new addition to our family - my cousin's baby Anora.




What an amazing year it has been, full of wonderful adventures! And I am filled with anticipation and excitement for what 2012 has in store for us! Hopefully many more adventures on the East Coast and maybe a return to the West Coast to end the year. Who knows what the future will hold! Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love the year in the photos. I am totally stealing this idea, when I resume scrapbooking. Happy New Year and may 2012 continue to bring you much joy!

Mel said...

Congrats to Neil on the new job! That's great news! Maybe this year you should add a springtime weekend trip to DC to see the cherry blossoms. No East Coast experience is complete without that!