Friday, January 16, 2009

Nothing special

Some general musings:

1. Yesterday morning, on the way into work, I accidentally, without noticing, pushed a button on my I-pod that set it to repeat whatever song was playing, indefinitely. I didn't realize this until I was walking home from the bus stop last night and wondered why I was still listening to the same song as when I walked out the door this morning. Average morning commute + average evening commute = 40 minutes. Of the same song. Before I realized something was off. I've never claimed to be the sharpest tack in the box, but...

2. I ate half a bag of macadamia nuts last night without suffering any negative consequences. I was told in my youth that macadamia nuts, when eaten in excess, can give you (ahem) the runs. Now I believe this to be an elaborate scheme to keep me from eating all of the macadamia nuts by myself. Because they are tasty, my friends...

3. Sloth begats...more sloth. All week long, when I come home from my run, I have been telling myself that I will sit on the couch for only a half hour and watch one episode of Friends. I then proceed to spend all night on the couch, rising only to hunt for the remote control...Nothing is getting done. I have now realized that the key to solving this problem - no sitting down. Period. So I will test this theory tonight. I will wash dishes and start bread before the run, then proceed directly to the kitchen upon returning from the run...

Hope everyone had a fantastic week! The weekend is here YAY!

No comments: