Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on the goals

Just a quick update on the goals. I'm finding that they are not really mutually exclusive, and so far, they have all been running into each other. For instance, I've been faithfully running - Mon., Tues., yesterday, tonight - but I've been so pooped out afterwards that I haven't been able to work on artwork, or anything for that matter. I've barely been able to drag myself into the kitchen to make dinner. I know, it's so pathetic, I'm only running 30 minutes a day - but I am not built as a distance runner, for goodness sakes - I am a jumper. Jumper. So get off my back. :)

Also, I purchased the make-your-own-lamp kits off the internet the other day, to get started on the lamp-making, which violated my goal of be wiser with money. I am out of disposable income for this pay period, but purchased the lamps anyway, because I wanted to get started on the artwork.

So, it's a slow start - but atleast it's a start.

In other news, I may be running in a relay with Charlotte - from Napa to Santa Cruz in May. She does this every year, and just emailed me that they need another female runner, and it's right here in my area, so why not? It's 199 miles, with 36 legs of differing lengths and difficulties. You have 12 members on your team, and each member runs 3 legs. I think it will be a good warm-up for the half marathon in July. Some of the legs look really difficult! So, we'll see, but it sounds like fun!

With all the news about water and flooding up the PacNW, I'm actually feeling pretty happy to be down here in sunny California. It's supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend. Cool.

Yes, I have adjusted to the sunshine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a quick note on the PacNW weather . . . last week we had a two hour school delay because of flooding, southbound I-5 was shut down for 36-48 hours (a 20 mile stretch), and I work with teachers who couldn't get to the school and had to get subs. Continued adventures in the NW!

sfsteph said...

Sounds like fun - I'm just so sad that I'm not there to experience the good times :)