Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby!!

I got to take a quick weekend trip home to Portland this weekend. It was jam-packed with visits and fun and shopping. But the best part was that I finally got to see my sister and the proof that she is really having a baby girl in August.

Doesn't she look great? I think she is ridiculously cute with her little bump! I even got to feel the little girl kicking. She got a little bit active the last night I was there.

I also got to do a LOT of baby shopping. I love my nephew, but it's just not the same shopping for little boy clothes. The little dresses, the little jammies and cute little hats and shoes. They all reduce me to a simpering little puddle of "oohs" and "oh's!" I could have bought out the entire store. So baby comes in August and she will only need those adorable little sundresses for probably a month, so I bought a whole range of clothing, including twelve months so I could buy some of the cute little summer clothes. This is one of the 12-month items I got:


The pink in real life is much more vibrant - really a magenta more than the pinky color in this photo. It just makes you think of summer time and those little details are citrus slices. She's going to look good enough to eat. We also hit up a second-hand store and I got a bunch of stuff there. Everything is still in really good shape and it was really affordable. Between my mom and I, little baby girl has a whole new wardrobe.

I can't wait for her to arrive! It's going to be a long four months.

No comments: