Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summertime or bust

We are heading home to Portland tomorrow for a week-long extended vacation. This is the longest period we have been home since we arrived in San Francisco and I can't WAIT. Notice how I said we were heading "home". Our house is in San Francisco, but home will always be Portland. Or somewhere in the PacNW!

Festivities will include two weddings, a visit with Neil's family with a beach-day outing, lounging in the hammock, grilling steak, eating farm-fresh eggs, lounging down at the lake, possibly some canoeing, hiking, camping at Swift Reservoir, feeling warm grass on my bare feet, bocce ball, horseshoes, a night at the Kennedy School, dinner at Screen Door, Portland favorites (Lucky Lab, Powell's books, 23rd st.), Craft Brewfest, Blue Hour happy hour, visits with friends, hanging with my nephew, and most of all - BASKING IN SUMMERTIME.

It will have to last me for awhile. Or until August, when my niece will finally be here!

No comments: